Click on Each + to find out more!
Top 10 reasons why you need a monthly facial.
Most people don’t understand the benefits that a good professional facial can offer. As a skin professional it is my duty to let you know. Most people will wait until they encounter a skin concern (weird breakouts, dry itchy skin, dark spots, etc.) or have an upcoming special event before coming in for a facial. While this is totally OK, these frustrating problems can often be preempted by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products.
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome (acne, hyper-pigmentation, etc), then you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells. If you give your skin a head start (i.e. a great facial) your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
Aside from just feeling like heaven, here are my top 10 reasons why you should come in to Fontaine de Jeunesse for monthly facials:
- Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal. I call facials “relaxing with benefits”. Stress relief and beautiful glowing skin? YES PLEASE!
- Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
- Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aids in detoxification.
- A good facial (and facial massage) can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
- A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help to change the pore’s size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris. (Please do not attempt to extract or pick at your own skin unless you are a professional and know how to do it properly- you could be at risk of scarring and infection).
- Facials provide deep(er) exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products (i.e. moisturizers or serums), unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
- Allows a professionally trained esthetician to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult (and expensive) area to navigate.
- Can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skins’ appearance visibly. Again a gentle reminder- sunscreen is still a necessity no matter how great the facial. (:
- Facials slow the aging process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother, and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin. With the use of exfoliation, massage, and the penetration of nutrients and antioxidants, facials also fight to reverse aging. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm, and hydrated skin.
- Facials are not a miracle in an hour but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Regular facials will help you maintain optimal skin health.
Advantages of Airbrush Tanning
- 100% Natural Solution, No Alcohol, No ODOR
- Dermatologist Recommended, FDA APPROVED
- You control the color NO ORANGE!
- Blend in unwanted tan lines, blemishes, cellulite, spider veins.
- Look upto 10 pounds leaner
- You only need ONE session to get several shades darker
- It is proven that people feel healthier, slimmer and more confident when tan
- Great for special occasions and year round tanning
Tanning Tips: A Precise List of DO’s and DONT’s
Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work ?
You already know that whitening works, but do you know how?
Stains on teeth can be classified in one of two ways: extrinsic or intrinsic. Extrinsic stains appear on the surface of your teeth. Intrinsic stains live between the microcracks in your enamel and deep within your dentin (the layer of your tooth underneath your enamel). Whitening toothpastes and mouth rinses may be able to remove some of the extrinsic stains on your teeth. But only teeth whitening agents can remove the stubborn extrinsic stains and the unsightly intrinsic stains that cause your teeth to look discolored.
Opalescence gels contain an active whitening ingredient (either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide) that penetrates your enamel to get to discolored molecules. Oxygen molecules from the whitening agents react with the discolored molecules in your teeth, breaking the bonds that hold them together. The oxygen molecules spread, whitening the entire tooth. As a result, you are left with a brighter, whiter smile. 1
Medifast, the brand recommended by over 20,000 doctors since 1980.
Designed to fit your weight loss goal and lifestyle, Medifast is clinically-proven to be a fast and safe way to lose weight. Each of our easy to follow weight loss plans let you reach a fat-burning state and still feel full, allowing you to lose weight quickly and safely no matter which plan you choose.
Your daily diet will incorporate a mix of Medifast meal replacements and real food — keeping you satisfied while you lose weight. Enjoy a variety of protein-rich meal replacements offered in a variety of savory and sweet flavored menu choices.
Your real food — through Medifast Lean & Green meals — gives you the ultimate menu flexibility while learning about meal preparation for weight loss. Learn the principles of how your intake of calories, carbs, fat and protein impact and affect your overall health and weight loss. These lessons in nutrition are key to your success and your later transition to a new, healthier you.
You’ll learn these weight loss techniques early on so that you’ll be well prepared for your passage into lifelong weight management. And, when you do, Medifast’s Healthy Living Maintenance Plan gives you the nutrition and tools you need to maintain your goal weight for a healthier lifestyle for the long-term.
Book an Appointment